Sunday, May 11, 2:00-5:00pm
Ever wonder what it’s like to keep a few backyard chickens…in Alameda? The Island City’s urban chicken coops range from humble to huge, and every year the Alameda Backyard Chicken group invites the public to come take a closer look, learn a little about raising backyard chickens (and maybe bees and vegetable plots), and just bask in the glory of our avian friends. People are strongly encouraged to bicycle or walk to as few or as many coops as they would like.
- Visit as few or as many stops as you would like, in any order. Bicycling or walking is strongly encouraged.
- Please do not arrive at any stops before 2pm or after 5pm.
- Obey all traffic laws. Bicyclists are subject to the same rights and responsibilities as vehicle drivers.
- Bathrooms at private residences are not open to the public.
- Bring your own water bottle (and spare change for lemonade and cookie stands!)
- Be respectful by not picking any fruit or vegetables in the gardens of the tour hosts.