In honor of National Pet Appreciation Week (6/7 to 6/13) we’re focusing on the “unexpected” things that can arise for you and your pets, like how to pack up and go in the event of an emergency. Being prepared is easier than you think.
Collect this short list of items and keep them in a special tote box that’s marked and ready to go…ideally next to the one that has all of Your Emergency Stuff in it. Then put an auto-reminder on your calendar to change out the food and water every 6 months for freshness.
- One week supply of pet food
- One week supply of water
- One week of medications
- Carrier or Crate
- Leashes, Collars & ID tags
- Bedding, Blankets or Towels
- Poop Bags, Paper Towels & Cleaners
- Cat Tray, Litter & Scooper
- Recent photos to help ID your pet